Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thursday's PROJECT OF THE WEEK!!!!

                         Hello there Hookers and Yarnies. Welcome to another installment of...Project of the Week. I hope you all are happy and well this fine Thursday evening (I apologize for the late start).  
I have something exciting to share with you.....Hair Accessories!! That's right wait till you see this. When I saw how to make one of these (see link below with picture) I couldn't believe it myself. But then I did it and BAM! what a treat. I don't know how many of you have daughters and/or daughters with long hair but I have two of them and it seems I am constantly buying elastics and hair ties and clips etc. So this was a real gold mine for me to find. A gorgeous simple way to spruce up their plain old elastics and clips. And they LOVE them!

There are several different styles that I did. Some spruced up elastics, scrunchies, plain hair clips and some hair combs. I am so in love. This was a super fun Project of the Week. I hope you all like them as much as we do.


So here they are!!!


Medium Snap Barrettes with Flowers and hearts
Medium Snap Barrettes with different flowers.
Close up Medium Snap Barrette.
Hair Combs with Bead work and flowers.
Scrunchy using thread.
Hair Comb with Flowers
Ruffle Embellished Hair Elastic (tutorial found here)
Assortment of scrunchy's with cotton yarn.
Close up of scrunchy with cotton yarn.

Another Ruffle Embellished Hair Elastic

Well that is this weeks Project of the Week. Please comment below and let me know what you think of these pieces. I had a lot of fun making them. I love that there are so many ways to make a plain old hair snap or elastic look so elegant or fun. These items will be up in the Etsy shop tonight. Go and check them out. 

So I've been meaning to ask you all if there is something you'd like to see me make. Please let me know in the comments below. I'm always up for suggestions and challenges. Fire away friends and until next time......

Happy Hooking!!!
Kate


1 comment:

  1. Well I never would've guessed hair accessories from your teaser photos!

    Looking good!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete