Thursday, March 20, 2014

Project Of The Week

Yay!! Finally its Thursday and I get to tell you all about the weekly project.
As I've mentioned I'm preparing for a Spring Fair coming up in May so I have been looking for projects related to warm weather and/or household use items. 

So you can imagine my excitement when I came across a pattern from https://www.etsy.com/shop/gammyshouse

                                                        Its called Tawashi!!

Basically its a glass/cup scrubber similar to a bottle brush. Its genius. I've made several this week. This pattern works up pretty quickly so I've pretty much completed one a night. I know I could do more in a day but its been a busy week so I set my goal at one per night. So are you ready? 








 Here they are. You simply put them on a wooden spoon, or in this case plastic since that was all I could find on short notice. Its brilliant!! You can take them off easily enough and through them in the washer machine every so often. You can slide them off after use to help it dry. Its 100% cotton using Sugar N' Cream cotton yarn. I've got tons of colors. On my hook right now is a nice orange/pink called Candy Colors.

I am stoked with this find. I had some good guesses from the sneak peeks though. Someone said a bunting (which gave me a great idea *insert evil grin*) another said a bath pouf (which I do currently have for sale in the Etsy Shop).

Now on to next weeks project....I'm probably way more excited than I should be about these weekly projects but to be honest thats what is giving me the motivation and focus to stay organized and build my dream business. I know it isnt going to happen overnight and I think I'm ok with that (or I'm learning to be). But I have to start somewhere. So here I am at the starting line. Thanks for taking the journey with me friends.

I hope you have enjoyed the Project of the Week.......Tawashi. *ta washi your glass* :) 
I look forward to reading your comments below. And hearing about your successes and even your failures (we all fail sometimes, trick is to get back up and try again). Let me know when you try this pattern if you loved it as much as I did. 

Stay tuned to see next weeks: Project of the Week

                                                 So until next time......
                                                         Happy Hooking!! 
                                                                   Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment