Monday, March 24, 2014

Sunday....Sunday.....TWD Day!!!

So....its been a busy weekend in my little corner of the world. The hubs' birthday was today. Yay Happy Birthday Hubs!! Yesterday we went to my sisters for dinner and cake. Today I spent the day cleaning and I made him a cake for the children and I to share with him as some of the children were unable to make it yesterday. Yes we actually had half the amount of children in the house this weekend. And it was so peaceful. Three of the 6 minions that we claim to be ours (hehehe) were away since Friday evening. 

I tried to start cleaning and re-organizing my craft room today.....didn't get too far. So this week I am really going to try to get it done. I've been lazy this winter and just basically thrown my yarn back into any old spot rather than the color coordinated spots they belong. I've begun to separate all my cotton yarn.....holy crap do I have a lot of cotton yarn.....but ya know one can never have too much yarn really. ;) 

Since I didnt really have a lot of time to commit this weekend to beginning my weekly project I have started to redo my cotton yarn balls. Until a short time ago I would just wind the yarn into a ball. Well I have since learned to 'yarn cake'. Upon going through and separating all my cotton yarn I have discovered that I had a lot of balls of cotton yarn that need to be caked. So in between sweeping and mopping the floors, baking a birthday cake, several loads of laundry, watching our favorite weekly show The Walking Dead (actually during that) I would make a quick 'yarn cake'.

As you can see I still have a ways to go before I'm done but I'm making progress. Something is better than nothing right. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather was pretty decent her in New England. I hear we are supposed to get a storm this week though. Yikes!! I really am ready for spring. I think we all miss the sun more than we realized. 

Well friends its late and its quiet here in my abode so I'm going to put a movie on Netflix and do some yarn caking. ;) 
I wish you all a happy Monday. Dont forget to come back on Thursday and see The Project of the Week. 

Til then ..... Happy Hooking!! 
Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment