Thursday, October 25, 2012

Beginnings


I've always had a love of crafts. I learned to crochet a few years ago but only over the past couple of months have I really put more effort into it. I have now completed 4 Christmas stockings using the galaxy stitch. I had a little difficulty first but I think I'm getting the hang of it. My biggest problem is that I cannot read a pattern. I have watched a few youtube tutorials and have followed their instruction. I continue to try to read patterns hoping I will finally be able to at some point. I have several projects going right now including 4 afghans for the kids and more stockings. I have tried a couple of cable stitch caps but I think I might be using the wrong kind of yarn for that as I havent liked how they came out so I undid them.  Heres two of the stockings I've done so far. What do you think?
I was hoping someday to maybe sell some of these things as well but I think I need to get a little better and have a more consistent outcome of pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment