Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I'VE WON A MILLION DOLLARS.................

April Fools Day!!! 

haha ok not funny seriously wish I had won a million dollars so my wonderful man who completely supports our family could quit the horrible job that he has. They treat him like crap and use him relentlessly. Its awful and I hate seeing him so stressed out all the time. Someday I pray my business will be a booming success and he can sit back and finally relax and fish all day like he wants to. 
I love him to the moon and back and appreciate all that he does for us. And I wish for better days at work for him at the very least. 

==================

I've been working away at the Project of the Week and have 3 pairs done now. ;) Only 2 more days until the reveal. I've got time to get another 2 pairs done at least so let me hear those color suggestions. 2 colors needed!!! Its so nice to have a list of projects in front of me to watch them getting checked off each week. I've done 4 projects so far. This is very exciting. I am actually staying on track. 

=================

This is a big busy month with Easter and Earth Day around the corner, I'm hosting a Tupperware Party and my oldest offspring turns 16 this month. Oy I cannot believe 16 years has passed since I held that beautiful baby boy in my arms for the first time. He was actually my smallest offspring. You'd never know it now since he's 6'1" tall and has such a deep manly voice. My babies are growing up so quickly. Makes this mama nostalgic. 

=================

The littlest offspring and I began construction on the volcano yesterday. Not the prettiest sight and I do believe another day of drying is in order before painting can begin but we sure had fun doing it and what a mess we made. 
Day 1: Volcano papier mache construction. 
Day 2: Drying














Heres our papier mache recipe:
                                                              2 Cup Flour
16 oz water
1 TBLS Salt
 Mix the ingredients into a liquidy paste. 
*It is best to cut your newspaper strips before the mix or else the mix will dry out if sitting too long. 
Dip you pieces into the mix and remove excess by sliding the strip between your fingers. Wrap around your project and let dry. *may take a day or two depending on the size of your project. 

=====================

Well friends that is all for today. Offspring are continuing their schoolwork and I've got some shop work to do. Enjoy your Tuesday and we'll see you all again real soon. 
Comments and Suggestions are always welcome. Is there a project you'd like to see me do for Project of the Week?? Let me know below.  And dont forget to click the We're on the Fence button to vote for my blog. ;) Thank you. 

Happy Hooking
~Kate~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment