Friday, December 28, 2012

Just one of those days......

Well I don't like to be the kind of person who seems ungrateful for a full and blessed life but ya know there are just some days that get the best of ya and today is one of those days.

After a week and a half in the hospital, my mom came home today! Related: my mom came home today. And I'm grateful that she is well enough to return home but her demand is just too much sometimes. Most times I can handle it but today was just not a good day from the start. I'm so stressed over my youngest child and her inability to learn everyday things. I don't believe in corporal punishment. I believe in time outs and loss of privileges. But they just don't work on her and I'm lost. I just don't have the kind of patience required for her. I'm not that kind of mom. :( I hate saying that but I'm just not made that way. I want to help her but she just doesn't get it and worse just doesn't seem to care. She smiles and grins when she's in trouble and just continues with the bad behavior anyway. She's obsessed with cutting hair, her own and/or others as well as clothes. She's banned from using scissors at all now. I even had to tell the teacher because she cut her hair and clothes the first time during school. An appointment has been made with the childrens neuro development center so she will be evaluated but today is just one of those days that makes for a difficult day. And my mom coming home and being so demanding just doesn't help. On top of all that we are entertaining my family tomorrow to celebrate Christmas with my mom so I've been preparing for that as well. Cleaning, making pies, grocery shopping, final touches to gifts etc. I'm just exhausted and overwhelmed today and I don't like being cranky. I'm miserable and I want to scream and cry and be angry at the world. At the same time I feel ashamed for complaining. I know some people will read this who would give anything to have their mom to take care of instead of having lost her too soon to some disease or other death and there are 26 families right this very moment grieving for children taken too soon that would give anything to be dealing with a misbehaved child. But I am here now and I'm dealing with these things and unfortunately sometimes these things become overwhelming. And today is just one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment