Thursday, November 21, 2013

Getting my crochet on

So a friend of mine and I had recently discussed doing craft shows together. So we have our first one this weekend. Both days, Saturday and Sunday. I am so excited. I've been working night and day to make as much of my items as possible. I've got 2 blankets to show and sell. I've got slouchy hats, beanie hats, ear/head bands, boot cuffs, bath cloths, Christmas stockings, ruffle scarves etc.  I hope I do well. I love making things like this and I'd love for people to wear them and appreciate them. Its so nice to have a hobby that you can share with others. I put together a pattern book. Basically its a 3-ring binder with page protectors and patterns i've done or really want to do. So I put some pics of actual pieces I've done in there too and I put a little price sticker on the top of the page. I've divided the patterns into categories and have a table of contents etc. I got a package of sales order slips also so I'm really hoping to get a few pre-orders also. That would be wonderful. My friend has lots of duck tape accessories that shes been working on as well as some other great crafts. I sure hope we do well. I know we've both worked hard preparing for it. I spent some time setting up a mock table here in the craft room to get a feel for how I'm going to display everything. I have 3 styrofoam mannequin heads to use as well. I think that gives a more professional look. I hope so anyway.
 Ok well I'm off to get some more products done. I am trying to cram in as much as I can. I've got to bang out a couple more women's beanie hats. I'm thinking of doing a couple pairs of basic fingerless gloves also. We'll see if I get to those this time around.
Happy Hooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment